Wednesday 19 August 2009

Anthony Barr Update

Great news for the Wolverines here as five star prospect Anthony Barr has listed his five finalists; Notre Dame, USC, UCLA, California and Michigan.

Barr mainly played running back last year for his high school, racking up 1890 yards and 20 touchdowns. Rivals and ESPN list him as an athlete though, so he could play on either side of the ball. Has the build to play maybe safety or outside linebacker in college, hes 6'4 and 230lbs.

Barr's father actually played RB for Notre Dame, which probably gives them a slight edge at the moment, however current Michigan defensive co-ordinator Greg Robinson went to the same high school as Barr, which might help the Wolverines a bit. 

When talking of his list, "I did it based off, first of all where I'd fit in best and where it'd be a good fit for me," he said. "Each school has pretty good football tradition and they're also not doing too bad at the moment. Also, I think I could go to any of these schools and make an impact right away, and I also think each of these schools can get me better for the next level."

He'll be setting up some visits shortly, but his committment probably won't be until the end of his senior season.

No comments:

Post a Comment