Friday 29 April 2011

Commit #7: Joe Bolden

Four star Ohio linebacker Joe Bolden has just committed to Michigan!

Bolden becomes the seventh commitment in the class, and the third (and possibly final) linebacker. Michigan only has 18 scholarships for this year at the moment, and whilst that number is expected to grow over the next 8 months, will there be room for a 4th LB?

Personally, I would accept a commitment from Ross. The LB's signed in 2011 were a mixed bunch, Clark could well end up at DE, and Morgan can even play FB. In my opinion, Ross is the #1 player in the state this year, and if you're Michigan, you should always take that guy. Especially if there's a chance he goes to Ohio if you say no to him...

As for Joe Bolden, we should still be very excited about his commitment, as he's one of the top linebackers in Ohio, and the Midwest as a whole.

Seven commits, and all of them are from either Michigan or Ohio.

Commitment post to follow later.


13 comments:

  1. I really sense that we may switch to a 3-4 defense in the next few seasons with the plethora of LB's we are bringing in .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking the same thing 323!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx Benji. WOW, I'm kinda of excited for this year's class. Let's go out for all the 5* recruits now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think they will move to a 3-4 any time soon because they don't have a big enough DT unless Richard Ash progresses immensely. Maybe next year though if Will Campbell gets better. But then most of the linebackers would be red-shirt freshmen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benj... was Bolden the silent commit?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, Bolden was NOT the silent commit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol benji I bet ur sick of this silent commit, ppl asking over and over... on a different note and a little old news but I live in Reynoldsburg Ohio 5 mins from Pickerington tamani Carter's school, well I met him a few days ago my girls cousin goes to school with him and he is a super douche I hope when he gets on campus he changes cause I wanted to hit him in his face...

    ReplyDelete
  8. To be honest I hope we don't waste. Scholarship on him... we could find a better DE. Let him go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah at this point I can't see doing that either. I feel like we are in such good position for other good players that we should hold off accepting his commitment if he were to be the silent commit. Nothing against the kid just statin the facts

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol acb. I'm glad you refrained from hitting one of our recruits! If he has any character issues now, I'm sure they'll get straightened out in college; Hoke seems like the kind of guy that won't take any crap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have to remember these are Senior boys, and they are big fish in a small
    Pond.
    I known a lot of people have that impression of football players anyway.

    I went to school with Mr. Football in Ohio some years back. The attention and accolades are bound to make a young boy stick his chest out.

    Just as my friend did, moving to the next level will humble him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I just read the other post you wrote on Joe Bolden and I think and according to some rumors from Hostpph.com, he is not going to commit for Michigan

    ReplyDelete