Wednesday 18 May 2011

J.J Denman to Penn State

Four star offensive lineman J.J Denman has committed to the in state Penn State! Darn...

J.J was one of the top rated OL left on Michigan's board, and after he visited Ann Arbor he guaranteed Michigan would be in his top group and probably get another visit. The commitment to Penn State seems a bit out of the blue, and its slightly disappointing, but it's not the end of the world.

Michigan is in the top group for a lot of talented OL right now, including Jordan Diamond, Zach Banner, Erik Magnuson (UM recently named in top three), and Paul Thurston. Regarding Diamond, I know he's had a lot of interest from the SEC and OSU, but he's still a Michigan lean at this point, and with the amount of attention he's probably getting from the UM coaches, I don't see that changing. Plus he's got Chris Bryant in his ear about UM all day long!

6 comments:

  1. "The commitment to Penn State seems a bit out of the blue." Kind of a nice pun Benji

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we could have a legit shot with Washington and Stanford once they come to Ann arbor after talking to one of my friends who goes to school with them Benji said he wouldn't tak his commitment if he were the 5th DE commitment behind the speculation that Wormley commits first. But if I were Michigan and they were both commuting I would take them both chase you don't know where guys are going to end up position wise after a year of college weight training. So if adolphus Washington and Dwayne Stanford are reading this go blue and you will be gladly welcomed with open arms and tons of excitement from the wolverine nation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well poop. This means I have to change my mock class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonah Pirsig is my other "likely" because he's attending all the Big10 camps, Erik Magnuson is also a very good candidate but maybe they aim for another dedicated OG next to Diamond instead. I know Oline is one of Hokes priorities so I'm not really worried. They pulled a few steals in only a month for the 2011 class. They'll end up with who they're after.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really??? I did not read anything about this rumor on best pay per head blog, but it if is true, I think that many fans will be so happy and others sad

    ReplyDelete